The Secure Exit Lane (SEL) provides one way pedestrian traffic flow between the secure and non-secure zone. The SEL creates a physical barrier detecting and preventing unauthorized entry thus maintaining the natural flow of traffic. The system uses an array of sensors to detect unauthorized traffic from accessing a secure zone. The Secure Exit Lane can minimize the need for physical personnel by providing remote monitoring capability. Unauthorized entry and static object detection are only two of the many potential threats capable of triggering a security alert at the secure exit lane.
The SEL can operate in 5 different modes:
- Free Flow: Entry and Exit security doors can be open simultaneously to provide optimal throughput.
- Interlock: Only one security door is open at a time to provide enhanced security.
- Locked: Both security doors are locked.
- Open: Both security doors are held open for emergency ingress, egress, etc.
- Cleaning: Entry security door is closed and locked. Exit security door is open.